火鸡 is a key market for Statkraft in hydropower generation, wholesale power trading and customer-oriented market operations.
火鸡’s electricity market has been one of the fastest growing markets in Europe with a total installed capacity of 91 GW.
Statkraft entered the Turkish market in 2009 through the acquisition of 95 per cent of Yeşil Enerji and its portfolio of hydropower projects. In 2010, the remaining 5 per cent was acquired and Yeşil Enerji was renamed Statkraft Enerji.
The 20 MW hydropower project Cakit was completed in 2010. The construction of the 102 MW Kargi Kizilirmak hydropower project started in 2011 and the plant started commercial operations in May 2015. The two hydropower plants are designed to generate around 550 GWh annually.
火鸡 has shown strong progress in liberalising its power market. All regional power distributors and many state-owned generation assets have been privatised. The integration of 火鸡 into the ENTSO-E synchronous zone enabled companies to trade electricity cross-border with Bulgaria and Greece.
Our market operations in 火鸡 are centred around the 能源管理 services for both Statkraft’s own assets and a market access portfolio consisting of third-party renewable power plants and large-scale industrial consumers totalling 1,000 MW.
Providing customers with high quality service through 20 years of experience in power trading and a strong financial background with local competence has enabled growth in our Turkish market operations. Statkraft works through different products designed according to customer needs and range from wholesale power trading to carbon off-setting schemes.
Statkraft's main office in 火鸡 is in Istanbul, but Statkraft also has a liaison office in the capital city Ankara.
The official opening of the Cakit hydropower plant took place on 12 October 2010.
- Two hydropower plants in operation
- 122 MW installed capacity
- Production of approximately 550 GWh annually
- Service Statkraft’s own assets and a market access portfolio of 1,000 MW
Read more on the 火鸡 country siteOpens in new tab or window